Theme Park Christmas Breaks for Kids
Have you planned your Christmas activities yet? If not, how about visiting one of these fantastic theme parks to help get you into the festive spirit. From a medieval Christmas adventure staying in the gallant Knight’s Village at Warwick Castle to snuggling down with the Gruffalo and his friends, after visiting Father Christmas in his grotto at Chessington. There are plenty of Santa Sleepovers available this year, but key dates, including weekends will book early so we would advise booking early.
Here are some of the best Theme Park Christmas Breaks for Kids.
For a truly magical Christmas experience visit Warwick Castle for one of their Santa Sleepover short breaks. Glittering trees and festive decorations will adorn the castle whilst outside you can enjoy the wintery magic of the winter bird of prey show and then embark on the seasonal scavenger hunt.
You and your family will stay in the Knights Village in one of the cosy wooden lodges and enjoy Christmas-themed entertainment from the finest Knights in the land.
The following morning you will receive a Elf wake-up call as the festival Elves visit your lodge delivering Christmas cheer and gifts for little ones. Later in the day you can meet the big man himself, as you listen to a special story from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
This unforgettable overnight stay within the grounds of Warwick Castle also includes:
- Two-day Warwick Castle entry tickets
- Additional evening entertainment in the Knight’s Village
- Elf wake-up call
- Stories with Santa experience (on your second day)
- Complimentary cooked or continental breakfast
- Car parking
- Unlimited WiFi
- Warwick Castle’s Booking with Confidence Guarantee.
These magical breaks are available on selected dates throughout – 26th /27th November, 3rd/4th December , 10th to 23rd December.
Legoland® Windsor Resort offer one of the best Christmas breaks for toddlers. Everything you need for a magical experience, plus a few extra bits too. Stay in one of their toddler-friendly themed rooms and then enjoy ‘Legoland at Christmas’ where you can enjoy selected rides and plenty of festive entertainment. You can also add a special trip to Santa’s grotto if you wish – there is an additional charge for this.
These special Santa Sleepovers are available on the following dates – 26th/27th November, 3rd-5th December, 10th-23rd December.
Your short break includes:
- 1-day entry to ‘Legoland at Christmas’ including selected rides
- Wave to Santa as he makes his way through the park on his magical sleigh
- An overnight stay in a Lego® themed room or a nearby partner hotel
- A delicious breakfast
Resort guests also receive:
- Free Lego® themed gift
- Christmas gift & Letter
- Splash and play in the indoor water play area and swimming pool (resort guests only)
- Free car parking
- Free WiFi
Get into the festive mood with a short break at Alton Towers Resort this Christmas. The resort will receive a magical makeover this year. You will be able to buy all of your Christmas gifts at the new Towers Street Christmas Market which will have over 60 fabulous stalls. There will also be the wonderful Alton Tower Resort’s Lightopia & Seasonal Wonderland (additional charge). A magical immersive journey that will let you explore 4 seasons and control time.
You will also be able to enjoy selected rides during your Christmas break including the new Gangsta Granny: The Ride, The Royal Carousel, Raj’s Shop and Raj’s Bottom Burp! All from the wonderful world of David Walliams books. Younger guests will love exploring CBeebies Land where they can enjoy the rides and meet some of their favourite characters from the shows.
Your Santa Sleepover at Alton Towers includes:
- 1-day entry to the Theme Park with a selection of family rides and attractions
- A unique visit to Santa’s Grotto with a gift for each child
- Entry to the new Towers Christmas Market
- Entry to the Garden Lights Walk: Twinkling Stars
- A host of Theme Park seasonal entertainment
- A fantastically festive evening meals
- Light evening entertainment
- An overnight stay in one of the themed hotels.
Plus on check-out day you can also enjoy:
- A delicious buffet breakfast
- Entry to the wacky Caribbean themed waterpark
- 9 holes of crazy golf
Combine a ROARsome sleepover with some festive magic this Christmas on a short break at Chessington World of Adventures Resort. The Father Christmas Sleepover breaks are great fun and an ideal way to kick off the countdown to Christmas. During your sleepover not only will you get to experience lots of festive fun but little ones will also get to enjoy the Winters Tail event. The event includes meeting Father Christmas in his Grotto before heading off to his Toy Workshop to select a special gift from his Elves. You will also be able to go on selected rides and see lots of animals at the Zoo and Sea Life Centre.
All of this is included in your stay:
- An overnight stay in one of the themed Resort Hotels
- 1-day entry to the Winters Tail Event, Zoo and Sea Life centre
- Father Christmas Meet & Greet
- Access to Savannah Splash Pool (charges may apply depending on room type)
- A delicious breakfast
- PLUS if you book to stay in the Resort accommodation you will get FREE parking and a fun-filled evening of family entertainment
All of these theme parks offer short breaks throughout the year. Visit our theme park page for more information.